Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Beauty, The Splendour, The Wonder


Around thirty-six years ago, this week, I worked on a short film called The Lonely Creator. I was a revolutionary, a visionary who espoused (interesting choice of word) the notion that we could do away with MARRIAGE. The production art department dummied up a phony Time Magazine cover. (There was no Photoshop then, everything was done by hand with an Exacto knife and glue. A tough job, requiring skill and a steady hand).

I was married at the time, still am, and to the same girl (not the one in the photo, though), and just found this cover tucked away in a file cabinet.

I even still have the hair.
(Not quite true. I do have the hair but it's in a bag in a drawer).

I've never seen the film however. Perhaps that's a good thing.

No comments: