Wednesday, August 8, 2007

No More Most Unique Manse, Okay?

Just a short rant.

1. Its is possessive: the dog and its bone. It's is short for it is.

2. Your is possessive: my house and your house. You're is short for you are.

3. He gave it to Teddy and me. Not to Teddy and I. If in doubt try flipping it around and listening to it: He gave it to I and Teddy? Nope, I don't think so.

4. Unique means "one of a kind". Something cannot be more one of a kind than another; you cannot qualify it. Get it? So no most unique, quite unique, very unique. Unique, like the cheese, stands alone.


5. A manse is a parsonage or rectory given for the use of a parish minister. It is not a small mansion. Well, it may be, but not the way you think.


Thank you I feel better now.

Just 'nother day in paradise.

No comments: