Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Why me?

Old story: a ninety year old woman has the good fortune to be able to live by herself and keep her independence even though she has a few medical problems that limit her mobility. She's also fortunate enough to have a much younger neighbour who does her shopping and runs errands.

Sadly the younger friend dies.


The ninety year old's response? Why does everything happen to me?


My mother has survived the war, cancer and now cataract surgery. However one eye still had a slight problem. This was corrected in the ophthalmologist's office with a ten second laser blast.


None of her friends had this problem with their cataract surgery. They were, according to my mother, all out playing golf within hours. Hours!

Why does everything happen to me?


I'm havin' too much fun on Facebook. No good can come of this.



No comments: